Friday, December 30, 2011

Cookies

divadishkitchenscatering.com
ALMOND JOY COOKIES:::
                      By
                 Divadish
            Recipe created by
            Chef Gianna

I really Love cookies, because as a kid my Mom and I would dunk them in Milk, it was our special time we spent together, laughing and enjoying each others company.

Now sometimes they were store bought Oreo's or Lorna Dunes, or Fig Newtons, but most of the time they were Home Made.
That's why cookies are always something I have on hand in my cookie jar, or flash frozen to eat later.

The ones pictured are Almond Joy's, I tweaked my original recipe just a bit by adding Coconut syrup 1/3 cup
then adding 1/2 cup slivered almonds crushed into pieces,then the final twist a 1/4 cup of sweetened coconut.

Now of course you could add almond extract to, but I didnot want to for this recipe.
These turned out very noist, with a nice almond flavor, and a little chewy texture because of the coconut.
It was truly like eating a Almond Joy Candy Bar when they use to be delicious!

So when you are in the mood for something chewy, moist, almond and in the shape of a cookie,you can make a batch yourself or place your order with Divadish, Chef Gianna will be glad to help you enjoy a fond memory.

Divadish
Chef Gianna

No comments:

Post a Comment