Saturday, July 9, 2011

Summer Salads

Summer Salads
Divadish Kitchens loves to make salads.
They are simple, do not heat up the kitchen and are a satisfying meal.

The pictured salad is a Pear & Blue cheese with Sweet Bell peppers.
I sometimes will add crumbled lean bacon crisps to it for extra protein, or sliced hard boiled eggs.

The dressing I make with this is a dry ground mustard, Italian wine vinegar, dark green olive oil, and sugar to taste. Shake all together all ingredients in a glass jar, and refrigerate any leftovers.

Their are many variations to this summer delight, and I am sure you could probably find a few yourself.

Here are a few I have tried.
  • Apples
  • Candied pecans, raisins, almonds
  • sliced turkey, ham, or chicken
This can be a whole meal like I do it, or it can be served as a side dish to any meat meal. It is a wonderful accompaniment to any dish or as a main course served with my crusty bread & garlic butter.

Buon Appetitio
Chef Gianna
Divadish

No comments:

Post a Comment