Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Greek Hotdog!

Greek Hotdog

Never underestimate the power of The Greek Word... This was a Line from the movie The Big Fat Greek Wedding!
I never have nor will I ever doubt the power of Greek...
Think of it, Greek food is to Die for, figuratively speaking of course.
But my dear old Daddy would say Yes I would Die for it, because once his poor mind went and he was put into managed care because of it, he would consistently ask Me Honey, do you have a Salami sandwich?
Of course it broke my heart to see the end results of dementia, but I would bring my Dad his favorite sandwich and we would enjoy it together in Golden Silence of Greek Eating and be Happy!

The above picture is another one of those Golden Moments.
I took Kosher hotdogs,,, because they are the Best, Natural Casings, and grilled them in olive oil & a dab of butter, in a small frying pan... Now I know I said grill, well you can do it that way too if you know how...
So lucky for Me I do...!
I added a little Rosemary, Greek Oregano, Caraway seeds, & Red Pepper flakes, as my seasonings to sauerkraut and simmered it till hot, and put this mixture on top of hotdog, with just a touch of spicy mustard on toasted bun, Yes it was to Melt in Your Mouth Deliciousness, or as I like to say DIVALICIOUS!!!!
So if you are Hungary for something Greek, and it is not Lamb, this new twist to a all American Favorite
The Hotdog, is another one of Divadish's Favorites, and she will also make them for you too!
Go to my web site @www.divadishkitchenscatering.com
                  E-Mail:                     elizabethjj555@gmail.com
to place your orders.
Divadish
 Food is
Divalicious

No comments:

Post a Comment