Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Potato Salad

Italian Potato Salad
Potato Salad, is always a mainstay on everybody's summer picnics, BBQ's,Graduations,
or just about any event. 
I think it is because it is a all American favorite, like Apple -Pie, or a Ball park frank, or our hamburger.
It just goes with everything!

I do make my potato salad @ Divadish a little bit different though. 
My mother had a very good recipe that she gave to her daughters years ago,and we have changed it a bit over the years.
Here is my version:
  • Heavy Mayonnaise
  • 1/4-1/2 of half & half
  • 1/4 cup 2%Milk
  • a touch of White Vinegar
  • 1/4tsp. of dry mustard
  • 1/2 tsp. caraway seed
  •  a touch of Sea Salt
  • 1/4 tsp of Dill weed
  • Black pepper to taste
  • Shake in glass jar to all creamy, add to potato salad and taste.
  • If it is not quite creamy enough or tart enough you repeat the above recipe, in smaller measurements.
Making good creamy, not heavy mayo tasting, potato salad is a Work of Art, I know because I have had the others and they leave me going YUCK!
They are gooey, and like paste, and the potatoes are too soft, and the seasonings do not add punch to the salad.
Yes I know I am a DIVA>>> but why not be, it is afterall your picnic, your event, your occasion,
you all should be!
If you cannot live up to The Divalicious codes, then call a Diva who can!
Divadish Kitchens &Catering
I promise to deliver the best potato salad and all the trimmings too if wanted to your event.
My mother thanks you, and I do too.
Divalicious over & out!

No comments:

Post a Comment